Friday, October 25, 2013

Papa Murphy's

Last night we ate Papa Murphy's for the first time in FIVE months. The kids and I ate to our hearts' content and say what you will about emotional eating, it made us all so very happy, happy, happy. That's a long time to go without your favorite pizza. I can remember the last time we had it: our load-the-moving-truck party. Since I save our limited eating out allowance for amazing Pho, it was not on my radar to look up the nearest Papa Murphy's. During our Rochester years (read: very low mortgage payments and access to lots of student loans) we ate out all.the.time. Let's face it, my kitchen was too tiny to cook in 7 days a week and I was pregnant or nursing or volunteering or studying or crafting or [insert any number of things other than grocery shop and cook and clean up afterward]. Eating out is so much easier. Anyway, the nearest Papa's is a 5 minute drive and just moved in to the area the same exact month we moved in. God knew I'd need a Papa's nearby. Best thing about it is that since they are trying to promote their business they are very generous with coupons and promotions. I'm going to take one of my friend's traditions of eating Papa Murphy's every Friday and watching a family movie and make it my own. It's the little things that make this transition easier.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I remember having Papa Murphy's at your house on load-the-truck-day too:) Wish I could dine on it again with you friend.