Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Top 5

Top 5 September 4th, 2013

1) We had a whole house full of people this weekend. We've been eager to fill this house with memories so that it will feel more like home and this weekend was nothing short of memorable. Albert's best friend from HS, Chad, and his gorgeous wife Nicole (whom we've known for over a decade) came up for a sleepover. We laughed so hard that our faces hurt. Everything was funny or fun or entertaining or deep or wonderful during their visit. I love, love to see my husband with Chad. He was so caught up in love and laughter that I thought for sure we were going to have to administer some CPR at one point. Their stories blow my mind. Another long friend of theirs stopped in for just a short visit with his two boys. In a matter of minutes we were in the middle of a full blown nerf war and it was great. Our step bro and his wife visited us from Austin, TX. It was the first time we met his beautiful wife and I'm so happy to share that they will be expecting their first child. They will be wonderful parents. Our parents also joined in on the fun. The kids love their grandparents like you would not believe and have missed them very much. Their visit was short but so sweet. 

2) Kombucha. Our friends are some of the most health conscience people I know and they drink this stuff. I've only ever heard about it on Kid History: Healthy Food, but here I am drinking this Apple Cider Vinegary tasting bacteria to help replace the bad bacteria. I'm willing to try just about anything once. Next is chia. 

3) Scottsdale Splash Pads. If you don't know what they are just imagine the kiddy pool fountains that shoot up out of the ground minus the pool part. The ones we've visited are in shopping plazas and you'll find kids in swimsuits splashing around while moms and dads eat their takeout meals and relax.

4) Albert started a new rotation this week. He works 16 of the next 28 days in the ED. Should be a decent rotation with good hours. We love having that man around.

5) I'm reaching for a 5th. I thought this would be really easy. Maybe I should have a pad of paper around so I can write my highlights as they happen and then pick my favorite 5. Oh, I know. I started a gratitude journal. It's a 5 year journal so as the years progress I can look back to previous years and see what I wrote on the same day. I got it on clearance at Barnes and Noble and it fit perfectly with Ann Voskamp's 1,000 Gifts book that I started reading. 

Nighty Night.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Love hearing your top 5:) The gratitude journal is a wonderful idea! Glad to hear Albert has a nice rotation for your family time too.

Jen said...

Oh, and I'll need to check out that book too:)